Learning music benefit one’s physically and psychologically regardless age, ethnic, and gender, especially for students. Indeed, Australia will be able to be a better academic country compared to America, Canada and England if more support from the government in the provision of music education.
Let’s break it down. Some advantages……
- Engage under-performing students,
- Contribute to the development one’s cognitive, emotional and fine motor skills,
- Enhance memory and brain function,
- Reduce behavioural problems,
- Increase the level of cultural and social capital of a person, and
- Improve the social and economic growth of Australia (Music Education | Music Australia, 2017).
Are you a consumer or a producer?
As a consumer of music, we have Spotify, iTunes, Youtube and Soundcloud. Or do you make music from garage band, logic, Sibelius, song maker, Loopseque and other music apps/software? How about learning music?
Let’s make music programs that accessible to everyone.
Regardless who you are?
Where are you?
What you do?
What music genre?